Monday, January 25, 2010

A Resolution

As a blogger, I suppose I face a lot of meaningless little decisions. These are the considerations that often push me to write out a compelling and well-formed entry, only to feel a need to start over and rethink, which usually ends with me closing my browser and finding something better to do. How much of my life do I really want to share with a random, humble public? How many pictures of knitting are too many pictures of knitting? What will actually make a web address worth visiting regularly?

Stitchery and plants are not my only passions. Those may be the grounds of a "fulfilling" domestic life, but please believe me when I say there is much more to me than that. I enjoy art in all forms, particularly in how it can communicate the complexities that one-dimensional speech cannot.

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to Grace: Amateur Film Scholar/Enthusiast.

Although my proficiency with the many, many levels of film history and culture are limited (I am only 17, afterall), I've spent long hours plopped in front of the Turner Classic Movies station, honing in on token actors, directors, screen writers, themes, genres - how films are affected by historical circumstances, the comparisons between foreign and domestically produced films, the journeys that actors and directors take throughout their career. I love it. And despite how so very unrelated to my chosen career path it may be, I expect that film will always be a huge part of my life.

So that's my plan. Weekly UFO and FO updates are all right and good. But on top of that, I will watch movies. And I will blog about them.

More to come.

No comments: